Professional Development Program on the German-African Relations
Certificate Program on the German-African Relations
Berlin; May 10th - 18th, 2016
Program OverviewThe Certificate Program on the on the German-African Relations is comprised of specialized courses designed to provide participants with the fundamental knowledge about the German-African relations. The program provides also a thorough background in International Relations and Economics, Trade, Commerce and Cultural Diplomacy, using a historical and case study approach and addresses important contemporary international issues, including case studies from Africa, from Germany and from African-European partnerships.
Program Structure, Methodology & Curriculum »The program will give an overview of the current German-African Alliance, and trace its historical background. It will then address specific issues affecting the relationship. This thematic structure will prepare the participants to get the most out of the next part of the program.
Lectures & SeminarsLectures and seminars will include an interdisciplinary mixture of the relevant topics to the field of cultural diplomacy and international relations taught by leading experts and practitioners in the field.
Lectures and seminars will explore and analyze the following topics:
- The History and Theory of Cultural Diplomacy & Applied Cultural Diplomacy
- The German-African Alliance: Trade, Commerce and Economic Cooperation
- The State of Political Relations between Africa & Germany-Europe
- The Rise of Africa and Youth Entrepreneurship
- Corporate Cultural Diplomacy and the Global Economy within the Eurozone and in Africa
WorkshopsThe Certificate Program workshops are a blend of interactive academic studies and practical training, which will assist participants in the development of their professional skills.
Workshops will explore and analyze the following topics:
- Fostering Entrepreneurship in Africa
- Reconciliation and Developing Trust Between Europeans and Africans
- Cultural Diplomacy, Nation Branding and International Economics for States, Regions and Continents
- Project Workshop - Constructing a Bilateral Youth Exchange Program between Africa & Germany-Europe
- Sports Cultural Diplomacy in Africa as a Tool for Reconciliation
- Role-play Simulation: "Cultural Diplomacy between Germany and Africa"
Program ParticipantsParticipation in the program is open to young professionals and students from across the world.
If you would like to reserve a position and participate in the program, please click on the link below and fill out the online application form: