|The Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies (CCDS)
BA & Master Programs in Cultural Diplomacy
Our BA & MA Programs
The Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies (CCDS)
Learn More about the Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies
The Academy of Cultural Diplomacy is delighted to announce that the first students worldwide have completed their graduation with an MA in International Relations & Cultural Diplomacy. To read more about the graduation ceremony and see to photos please click here
(Cluj; July 3rd, 2014)
Our BA & MA Programs
It is our pleasure to introduce you to our BA & MA programs in Cultural Diplomacy.
At the CCDS, we have worked intensively to design innovative BA & MA programs that provide a unique approach to international relations, global economics, intercultural relations, globalization, global governance, art and culture. We believe that the traditional academic components of a degree in these fields must adapt to our rapidly changing world. To that end, our approach to contemporary global affairs and economics focuses on issues such as cultural diplomacy, soft power, human rights, fair trade, sustainability and environmental issues which play increasingly important roles.
The programs are pioneering, unique and innovative in their content and approach and offer a professional development semester in cultural diplomacy and related fields. For students with an interest in foreign policy, international affairs, cultural diplomacy, political science, or international economics, the programs provide a platform from which students can gain hands-on experience and high-level knowledge and relationships; equipping students with the tools to launch their career even before the completion of their studies.
Concept and Scope of the Degrees
In the 21st century, bilateral and multilateral relations have assumed a greater importance than at any time in history before; International cooperation has therefore become imperative in maintaining and improving economic, political, and social environments worldwide. These concerns pervade almost all areas of human activity and high level issues that foreign policy makers address increasingly affect the ordinary lives of people around the world.
These developments have significantly increased interest in the study of International Cooperation & Cultural Diplomacy and concurrently have created a crucial need for professionals who understand and have experience with these subjects. In addition, the diminishing power of the individual nation state, combined with the international nature of modern issues like global politics, economics, human rights, global health, climate change, international terrorism, etc., now demand interdisciplinary academic instruction and experience.
Expertise in one field alone no longer guarantees professional success and it is therefore vital that those aspiring to work in the fields of international relations and diplomacy have an advanced understanding of a number of interconnected relevant disciplines, including but not limited to International Politics, International Economics, Diplomacy, Culture, Philosophy and History. University programs striving to provide students and young leaders with the fundamental understanding and practical skills necessary for careers in international affairs must now to adjust their programs accordingly to include commerce, development, and culture as topics of study.
The CCDS Graduate Programs, which operate under a joint partnership between the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy and leading universities, offer unique educational programs that educate students from around the world in the above mentioned academic disciplines related to International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy. The programs go beyond the traditional International Relations-based approach to globalization, while considering the role of Cultural Diplomacy and interdependence in a multipolar world.
Key Objectives of the Programs
Some of the key objectives of the degrees offered by the CCDS in partnership with its university partners can be found below:
- Knowledge in Cultural Diplomacy - To educate students about Cultural Diplomacy within the context of the political, economic, and cultural dimensions.
- Preparation for the Future Evolution of the Field - To cultivate individual thought and reflection on new issues surrounding the rapidly developing field of Cultural Diplomacy.
- Analysis of Soft and Smart Power Strategies - To analyze soft and smart power strategies within the international relations discourse.
- Professional Skills and Knowledge - To equip students with the relevant skill sets and knowledge required to succeed in the highly competitive international arena.
Key Benefits of the Programs
The degrees offered by the CCDS in partnership with its university partners are distinct in offering many key benefits. Some of the key benefits can be found below:
- Exclusive & Privileged Access to ICD Events & Programs - Students will have exclusive and privileged access to all ICD events and programs around the world, which will provide opportunities to network and build contact with world leaders and prominent experts in a diversity of fields from around the world. In addition, students will be offered important roles in these events such as moderating or chairing certain components of the events, conducting interviews with high-level speakers and delegates and presenting & publishing papers in the framework of the events.
- Guaranteed Expertise in the Field of Cultural Diplomacy - The programs guarantee to provide students with expertise in the field of cultural diplomacy.
- International Learning Experience - The programs provide students with the advantage of learning in two major cities and thus the opportunity to gain academic, professional and personal experience from living in two different cultures.
- Hybrid Model of Univeristy+NGO Partnership - The programs consist of a unique structure that provide students with the opportunity to gain practical experience parallel to their studies by giving them the opportunity to participate in and support the activities of the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy including its major international conferences, which will also save them time in their careers and guarantee that they will have this experience in their CV.
- Expertise in a Minimum of Two Leading Academic Fields - The programs provide students with expertise in at least two distinct academic fields (such as cultural diplomacy as well as international relations), which will give them a significantly greater number of career options in the future and will be give them a considerable advantage within the political arena against students who simply have a BA/MA in only one field, such as only International Relations.
- Professional Development Semester - During the Professional Development semester of the program, students will be able to create and implement their own events and programs on Cultural Diplomacy. This professional experience will allow students the opportunity to immediately apply the knowledge they have gained in the in the professional world. This also provides valuable relevant professional experience, contacts and relationships that can assist students in preparing for their future careers.