The Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies
BA, MA, MBA & PhD Programs
The Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies (CCDS)
Learn More about the Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies
Our BA, MA, MBA & PhD Programs
It is our pleasure to introduce you to our BA, MA, MBA & PhD programs in International Relations, Global Governance, International Economics & Business, and Business Administrations with Specialization on Cultural Diplomacy and Global Governance Institutions, Governments, Parliaments, Corporations and NGOs.
Introduction & Concept
In the 21st century, bilateral and multilateral relations have assumed a greater importance than at any time in history before; Interdependence and International cooperation has therefore become imperative in maintaining and improving political, economic and social environments worldwide. These concerns pervade almost all areas of human activity and high level issues that foreign policy makers address increasingly affect now the ordinary lives of all people around the world.
These developments have significantly increased interest in the study of Interdependence, International Cooperation & Cultural Diplomacy and concurrently have created a crucial need for professionals who understand and have experience with these subjects. In addition, the diminishing power of the individual nation state, combined with the international nature of modern issues like global politics, international economics, human rights, global health, climate change, international & terrorism, now demand interdisciplinary academic instruction and experience.
Expertise in one field alone no longer guarantees professional success and it is therefore vital that those aspiring to work in the fields of international relations and diplomacy have an advanced understanding of a number of interconnected relevant disciplines, including but not limited to International Politics, International Economics, Diplomacy, Culture, Philosophy and History. University programs striving to provide students and young professionals with the fundamental understanding and practical skills necessary for careers in international affairs must now to adjust their programs accordingly to include commerce, development, and culture as topics of study.
The CCDS Graduate Programs, which operate under a joint partnership between the ICD Academy for Cultural Diplomacy and leading universities, offer unique educational programs that educate students from around the world in the above mentioned academic disciplines related to International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy.
Scope of the Degrees
As we believe that the traditional academic components of a degree in these fields must adapt to rapidly changing world, our approach to future and contemporary global affairs and international economics, for example, focuses on issues such as cultural diplomacy, interdependence, soft power, responsible investments, fair trade, human rights, sustainability and the environment, which play increasingly important roles in the contemporary interdependence global framework.
The Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies offers therefore innovative BA, MA, MBA & PhD programs that provide a new approach to international relations, global economics, intercultural relations, globalization, global governance, art and culture. The programs are pioneering, and unique in their content and approach and offer valuable professional development programs. The BA, MA, MBA & PhD programs provide a platform from which students can gain hands-on experience and high-level knowledge and relationships; equipping students with the tools to launch their career even before the completion of their studies.
The CCDS offers several kinds of professional development programs for the students in order to enable them relevant practical experience and professional relationships in the field they desire to work in after their studies.
Students can choose from the following professional development programs depending on their career goals:
- Specialization on Global Governance Institutions (Including the UN, the EU, and the African Union)
- Specialization on Governments (Including all of the work of the government offices domestically as well as in the diplomatic field).
- Specialization on Parliaments (Including all aspects of the work of parliaments at the national and international level)
- Specialization on Economic Global Institutions & Corporations (Including all aspects of the work of economic global institutions & corporations)
- Specialization on NGOs (including all aspects of the work of NGOs at the national and international level)
| Objectives & Benefits of the Degrees
3 Key Objectives of the Programs
Some of the key objectives of the degrees offered by the CCDS can be found below:
- Knowledge in Cultural Diplomacy & Preparation for the Future Evolution of the Field - To educate students about Cultural Diplomacy within the context of the political, economic, and cultural dimensions. In addition, the CCDS aims to cultivate individual thought and reflection on new issues surrounding the rapidly developing field of Cultural Diplomacy.
- Analysis of Innovative Governance Strategies - To enable students to analyze innovative governance strategies, such as soft and smart power strategies, new theories of interdependence ….all within the framework of the contemporary international relations discourse.
- Professional Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Relationships - To equip students with the relevant skill sets, knowledge, professional experience and professional relationships, so that they will be able to acquire a job immediately upon completion of the degree. One of the main goals of the CCDS is to enable students to acquire job opportunities and develop their careers in institutions such as the UN, EU, African Union, national governments, national parliaments, international corporations and international NGOs.
3 Key Benefits of the Programs
The degrees offered by the CCDS are distinct in offering major key benefits. Some of the key benefits can be found below:
- Expertise in a Minimum of Two Leading Academic Fields - The programs provide students with expertise in at least two distinct academic fields (such as cultural diplomacy as well as international relations), which will give them a significantly greater number of career options against students who simply have an expertise in only one field, such as International Relations only.
- Professional Development Programs - The Professional Development programs provide students the opportunity to acquire knowledge and skills, experience and relationships in the traditional areas of international relations in general as well as in institutions and organizations such as in the UN, EU, AU, national governments, national parliaments, international corporations and international NGOs. This professional experience that is provided for the students is the main scope of the professional development program and is designed specifically in order to provide students with the best tools in order to develop their careers and to acquire jobs in these institutions and organizations.
- Hybrid Model of University + NGO Partnership - The programs consist of a unique structure that provide students with the opportunity to study in the university and at the same time to gain practical experience, by having the opportunity to participate in and support the activities of an NGO (the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy (including its major international conferences)). This will save students time in their careers and guarantee that they will have this experience in their CV. Students will have exclusive and privileged access to all ICD programs and events, which will provide opportunities to network and build contacts with world leaders and prominent experts in a diversity of fields from around the world. In addition, students will be offered important roles in these events such as moderating or chairing certain components of the events, conducting interviews with high-level speakers and delegates and presenting & publishing papers in the framework of the events.