Professional Development Program in Cultural Diplomacy, Sustainable Development & the Global Markets
Certificate Programs in Cultural Diplomacy, Sustainable Development & the Global Markets
Program OverviewThe Certificate Program in Cultural Diplomacy, Sustainable Development & the Global Markets is comprised of specialized courses designed to provide participants with the fundamental knowledge needed in the field of Cultural Diplomacy and International Economics, with a particular emphasis on the role of Cultural Diplomacy in the economic policies of Nation States; the encouragement of sustainable tourism; the use of Cultural Diplomacy in the development of national brands; the international dimension of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Socially Responsible Investment (SRI); and the global economics and Environmental Responsibility. In particular the program provides a thorough background in the practice of Cultural Diplomacy in international trade, nation branding, tourism, the engagement of international corporations & business, fostering entrepreneurship and building cultural economic bridges between nations and groups of nations.
Program Structure, Methodology & Curriculum »The Certificate Program in Cultural Diplomacy, Sustainable Development & the Global Markets is a two-week program devoted to the study of Cultural Diplomacy, Sustainable Development & the Global Markets. The Program consists of lectures, seminars, workshops, social activities and special events. The program provides a thorough background in Cultural Diplomacy, using a historical and case study approach, while further accentuating the role and potential of Cultural Diplomacy to strengthen development and international relations.
The program addresses contemporary international issues, with classroom lectures and seminars supplemented by lectures and briefings at international and non-governmental organizations; educational events, conferences, tours, and meetings with foreign officials are further incorporated into the curriculum. In addition, the program allows participants the opportunity to attend all ICD conferences, events, presentations, and other activities.
Participants will meet with leading experts working in international organizations, embassies, development institutions, religious institutions, research centers, and academic institutions, and will engage with specialists in the areas of International Relations & Economics, Culture, Theology, History, Communication, Politics, Human Rights, Peace Building, Multilateral Diplomacy, Conflict Resolution, and Development.
To learn more about the Program Structure and Curriculum please click here.
Lectures & SeminarsLectures and seminars will include an interdisciplinary mixture of the relevant topics to the field of cultural diplomacy and international relations taught by leading experts and practitioners in the field.
Lectures and seminars will explore and analyze the following topics:
- The History and Theory of Cultural Diplomacy
- Cultural Diplomacy in a Multipolar World
- Applied Cultural Diplomacy
- Cultural Diplomacy, International Relations & Global Politics
- Cultural Diplomacy and Global Governance Institutions
- An Introduction to Macro-Economics
- Theories of Economic Globalization
- Cultural Diplomacy and International Economics Strategies for Sustainable Development
- The State of Creative Industries & their Role in the Global Economy
- Theories of International Development
- Strategies for the Practice of Cultural Diplomacy and Building Economic Bridges in the Framework of Global Markets
- Corporate Cultural Diplomacy and the Global Economy
- Economic Exchange as a Tool for Peace-building, Sustainable Development, and Stability
- The Human Rights Based Approach to Sustainable Development
WorkshopsThe Certificate Program workshops are a blend of interactive academic studies and practical training, which will assist participants in the development of their professional skills.
Workshops will explore and analyze the following topics:
- The Impact of Soft Power, Hard Power, and Smart Power Strategies on Global Markets
- Effective Cultural Diplomacy & Nation Branding Strategies to Foster Sustainable Development
- Innovative Sports Cultural Diplomacy as a Foundation for Sustainable Development
- Role-play Simulation: "Developing Business and Trade in the Global Market of the Future"
- Case Study Workshop: Quantifying the Cultural Factor of Sustainable Development
Program LocationsBased primarily in the ICD House in Berlin, the program sessions will be hosted in addition, at a number of leading political, historic, and cultural venues across the city.
Program ParticipantsParticipation in the program is open to governmental & diplomatic officials, academics, artists, journalists, civil society practitioners, private sector representatives, young professionals and students as well as other interested individuals from across the world.
If you would like to reserve a position and participate in the program, please click on the link below and fill out the online application form: