Professional Development Program in Global Governance & Cultural Diplomacy
Certificate Programs in Global Governance & Cultural Diplomacy
Program OverviewThe Certificate Program in Global Governance & Cultural Diplomacy is comprised of specialized courses designed to provide participants with a substantial knowledge of Cultural Diplomacy as practiced by global governance institutions and international organizations around the world. A particular emphasis of the program is Cultural Diplomacy's role in global governance to improve the ways in which the diversity of cultures can properly understand each other and to facilitate cooperation more effectively at the political, economic and cultural levels.
The program provides analysis of the practice of Cultural Diplomacy at the multilateral level by examining specific case studies of global governance organizations and international organizations.
Program Structure, Methodology & Curriculum »The Certificate Program in Global Governance & Cultural Diplomacy is a two-week program devoted to the study of Cultural Diplomacy and Global Governance. The Program consists of lectures, seminars, workshops, social activities and special events. The program provides a thorough background in Cultural Diplomacy, using a historical and case study approach, while further accentuating the role and potential of Cultural Diplomacy in strengthening Global Governance.
The program addresses contemporary international issues, with classroom lectures and seminars supplemented by lectures and briefings at international and non-governmental organizations; educational events, conferences, tours, and meetings with foreign officials are further incorporated into the curriculum. In addition, the program enables participants to attend all ICD conferences, events, presentations, and other activities.
Participants will meet with leading experts working in international organizations, embassies, religious institutions, research centers, and academic institutions, and will engage with specialists in the areas of International Relations, Global Governance, Economics, Culture, Theology, History, Communication, Politics, Human Rights, Peace Building, Multilateral Diplomacy, Conflict Resolution, and Development.
To learn more about the Program Structure and Curriculum please click here.
Lectures & SeminarsLectures and seminars will include an interdisciplinary mixture of the relevant topics to the field of Cultural Diplomacy and international relations taught by leading experts and practitioners in the field.
Lectures and seminars will explore and analyze the following topics:
- The History and Theory of Cultural Diplomacy
- Cultural Diplomacy in a Multipolar World
- An Introduction to Institutions of Global Governance
- Theories of Global Governance - the Concept of Ordered Anarchy
- The Contemporary Agenda of Institutions of Global Governance - Transnational Threats
- Applied Cultural Diplomacy
- Cultural Diplomacy, International Relations & Global Politics
- Cultural Diplomacy and Global Governance Institutions
- Cultural Diplomacy and Economic Governance Institutions
- The Future of Global Governance for the Next Twenty Years
- Cultural Diplomacy in Sports Organizations (FIFA, FIBA, Olympics)
- Human Rights, Humanitarian Intervention and the Role of Civil Society in Global Governance
- UN Cultural Diplomacy
- Cultural Diplomacy, Nation Branding and International Economics
- Cultural Diplomacy and International Law
- Corporate Cultural Diplomacy and the Global Economy
- State Multiculturalism, Integration, and Cultural Diplomacy
WorkshopsThe Certificate Program workshops are a blend of interactive academic studies and practical training, which will assist participants in the development of their professional skills.
Workshops will explore and analyze the following topics:
- Soft Power, Hard Power, and Smart Power Practiced by Global Governance Institutions
- Engineering Multilateral Consensus through Cultural Diplomacy - Strategies of Dispute Resolution
- Grassroots Cultural Diplomacy - Civil Society Organizations as Influential Players in Global Governance
- Cultural Diplomacy & Nation Branding in the Framework of Regional and Global Branding
- EU & UN Cultural Diplomacy Analyzed - Best Practice Models for Global Governance
- Sports as Cultural Diplomacy and Facilitator of Global Cooperation
- Role-play Simulation: "Cultural Diplomacy and Global Governance Institutions"
- Case Study Workshop: Conflict Zones and the Role of Global Governance Institutions
Program LocationsBased primarily in the ICD House in Berlin, the program sessions will be hosted in addition, at a number of leading political, historic, and cultural venues across the city.
Program ParticipantsParticipation in the program is open to governmental & diplomatic officials, academics, artists, journalists, civil society practitioners, private sector representatives, young professionals and students as well as other interested individuals from across the world.
If you would like to reserve a position and participate in the program, please click on the link below and fill out the online application form: