The Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies
MA & PhD Programs
MA & PhD Programs
It is our pleasure to introduce you to our MA & PhD programs in International Relations, International Economics, Business, Management, Global Governance and Cultural Diplomacy.
In the 21st century, bilateral and multilateral relations have assumed a greater importance than at any time in history before; cultural diplomacy has therefore become imperative in maintaining and improving political, economic and social environments worldwide. These developments have significantly increased interest in the study of Cultural Diplomacy and at the same time have created a crucial need for professionals who understand and have experience with the field.
Concurrently, the diminishing power of the individual nation state, combined with the international nature of modern issues (such as global politics & economics, global governance, global health, climate change, terrorism and human rights), contributes to a growing demand for interdisciplinary academic instruction. Expertise in one field alone no longer guarantees professional success and it is therefore vital that those aspiring to work in fields including international relations, governance, business, management and diplomacy have an advanced understanding of a number of interconnected relevant disciplines. University programs striving to provide students and young professionals with the fundamental understanding and practical skills necessary for careers in international affairs must therefore adjust their programs accordingly.
Our Graduate Programs, which operate under a joint partnership with leading universities, offer unique educational programs that educate students from around the world in the above-mentioned academic disciplines and methods.
We offer innovative MA & PhD programs that provide a new approach to international relations, global economics, global governance, management and cultural diplomacy. The programs are pioneering, and unique in their content and offer valuable professional development programs. The MA & PhD programs provide a platform from which students can gain hands-on experience and high-level knowledge and relationships; equipping students with the tools to launch their career even before the completion of their studies.
The program offer several kinds of professional development course for the students in order to enable them relevant practical experience and professional relationships in the field they desire to work in after their studies.
Students can choose from the following professional development programs depending on their career goals:
- Specialization on Global Governance Institutions (Including the UN, the EU, and the African Union)
- Specialization on Governments (Including all of the work of the government offices domestically as well as in the diplomatic field).
- Specialization on Parliaments (Including all aspects of the work of parliaments at the national and international level)
- Specialization on Economic Global Institutions & Corporations (Including all aspects of the work of economic global institutions & corporations)
- Specialization on NGOs (including all aspects of the work of NGOs at the national and international level)
Key Objectives of the Programs
Some of the key objectives of the degrees can be found below:
- Knowledge in Cultural Diplomacy & Preparation for the Future Evolution of the Field - To educate students about Cultural Diplomacy within the context of the political, economic, and cultural dimensions. In addition, the programs aim to cultivate individual thought and reflection on new issues surrounding the rapidly developing field of Cultural Diplomacy.
- Analysis of Innovative Governance Strategies - To enable students to analyse innovative governance strategies, such as soft and smart power strategies, and new theories of interdependence all within the framework of the contemporary international relations discourse.
- Professional Skills, Experience and Relationships - To equip students with the relevant skill sets, professional experience and professional relationships, so that they will be able to acquire a job immediately upon completion of the degree. One of the main goals of the programs is to enable students to acquire job opportunities and develop their careers in institutions such as the UN, EU, African Union, national governments, national parliaments, international corporations and international NGOs.
Key Benefits of the Programs
The degrees are distinct in offering major key benefits. Some of the key benefits can be found below:
- Expertise in a Minimum of Two Leading Academic Fields - The programs provide students with expertise in at least two distinct academic fields (such as cultural diplomacy as well as international relations), which will give them a significantly greater number of career options against students who simply have an expertise in only one field, such as International Relations only.
- Professional Development Programs - The Professional Development programs provide students the opportunity to acquire knowledge and skills, experience and relationships in the traditional areas of international relations in general as well as in institutions and organizations such as in the UN, EU, AU, national governments, national parliaments, international corporations and international NGOs. This professional experience that is provided for the students is the main scope of the professional development program and is designed specifically in order to provide students with the best tools in order to develop their careers and to acquire jobs in these institutions and organizations.
- Hybrid Model of University + NGO Partnership - The programs consist of a unique structure that provide students with the opportunity to study in the university and at the same time to gain practical experience, by having the opportunity to participate in and support the activities of an NGO. This will save students time in their careers and guarantee that they will have this experience in their CV. Students will have exclusive and privileged access to all ICD programs and events, which will provide opportunities to network and build contacts with world leaders and prominent experts in a diversity of fields from around the world. In addition, students will be offered important roles in these events such as moderating or chairing certain components of the events, conducting interviews with high-level speakers and delegates and presenting & publishing papers in the framework of the events.